top of page
Bigelow Free Public Library | Massachusetts
The history of the library starts with the Bigelow Mechanics Institute founded in 1846 with a subscription library. When the Institute dissolved a Library Association was formed that later donated their holdings to the town of Clinton to form the Bigelow Free Public Library. The current building opened in 1902 through the generosity of Andrew Carnegie Foundation and George Weeks, a local citizen. The style is Greek Revival and the ceiling in the main floor was built by the Guastavino method as was the staircase.
bottom of page