Florida Supreme Court | Florida
The Florida Supreme Court moved to its current building in 1949. The architects were James Gamble Rogers II of Winter Park, Florida, and Yonge & Hart of Pensacola, Florida. The building is in the Greek revival style and the Guastavino firm was responsible for the dome. Many of the original walls were cast in monolithic concrete and the woodgrain imprints from the molds are visible. Marble for the columns came from Maryland and Italy. The Florida Supreme Court Historical Society is dedicated to preserving the Court’s history though artifact acquisition, oral histories, and written publications.