top of page
Saint Francis de Sales Church | Pennsylvania
The parish was founded in 1890 to meet the needs of a growing Irish immigrant population. Ground was broken in 1907 for the church that was designed in the Byzantine Revival style by Philadelphia architect Henry Dagit; the building was dedicated in 1911. The 62 foot wide dome that is 90 feet high is the work of the Guastavinos and is modeled on the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul. It is also noted for its French organ.
bottom of page