St. Thomas of Villanova Church at Villanova University | Pennsylvania
The Parish of St. Thomas of Villanova began in 1848. The construction of the current church on the campus of then Villanova College began in 1883 with Edwin Durang as the architect for the Gothic Revival structure. In preparation for the 1943 centennial of the college a major renovation of the church was undertaken with Henry Dagit as the architect. The decorative elements were simplified and the church painted in subdued tones of ecru and taupe. The Guastavino Fireproof Contruction Company was involved in this renovation.