Oakdale Memorial Gardens | Iowa
Guastavino tiles are found in the ceiling of the Petersen Private Mausoleum in the cemetery that was founded in 1856. William D. Peterson was the son of J.H. C Peterson who founded a department store in Davenport. William Peterson was responsible for the development of the city’s waterfront and LeClaire Park Bandshell. The Mausoleum was designed in the Gothic Revival style by Davenport architects Rudolph Clausen and Walter Kruse. The exterior is composed of limestone from Greece. The interior features crypts that were carved from Greek marble and a ceramic tile ceiling designed and completed by the Guastavino Tile Company.